Meet Your Beach Wedding Team
The venue was started in 2011 by Melanie Egan, award winning local wedding and event planner. Melanie had a vision of bringing a unique venue to Bournemouth with a very relaxed and fun atmosphere with great food, drinks and amazing service – all things she is truly passionate about!
Whilst Melanie is still very hands on, she is backed up by an amazing team who are there to support you at every step of your booking and during the planning of your day. On the day of your wedding you will have a Wedding Manager running the day for you with a team of highly trained staff to look after you and your guests all day.
You will enjoy fabulous food and service from our in house catering company offering you homemade food with a true beach style all prepared in our own Dorset kitchen and freshly cooked for you in our beach kitchen.
At the end of September 2019 this fabulous venue will close after 7 successful years and therefore the team have plans to make the final season even more spectacular for the couples who wish to marry here.
How we operate your day:
- Our approach for Beach Weddings Bournemouth is very simple – operating without power wherever possible – it’s a beautiful, natural occasion enjoying all that our West Cliff beach has to enjoy
- Operating without use of lighting within daylight hours from 10am to 7pm and with the use of a generator from 7pm-12 midnight (music and bar finishing at 11.30pm), to allow you to have your full day of celebrations with us.
- Using local coastal décor and reclaimed driftwood for our styling and props
- Whilst you and your guests enjoy a champagne reception and have photographs taken on the beach, we will transform the main marquee for your wedding breakfast
- The Beach Weddings Bournemouth crew are experienced wedding planners and will assist you to bring your dream day to life in as small or large a way as you like from all the above to flowers, styling and decor, to catering, music and entertainment. You will not experience and more professional, efficient and friendly team. Take a look at our Kind Words which say it all!
Thank you so much to Beach Weddings Bournemouth! We had our wedding ceremony there last month and it truly was the best day of my life. Thank you to Melanie on the day for being so amazing and making sure everything went smoothly. Also thank you to Amy for helping us plan the day, everything turned out perfect even though it was all done via email. The cut outs and the ice cream bike were amazing and it helped cool the guests down as it was so hot! Highly recommend for anyone’s special day. Cannot fault the team, absolutely perfect!!
Abi and Danny
Thank you so much to yourself and team, We had a fantastic time, it was everything and more than what we expected. The photographs you took have come out brilliantly, love how natural they look. Once again thank you, we couldn’t of done it without you and your team and of course the perfect setting, it all worked so well.
Emma and Steve
Thank you for an amazing day if only we could turn the clocks back to do it all again. We both loved every second of it and the sun came out just in time. Thank you to Danielle for looking after us on the day. We will always cherish the memories.
Anna and Nigel
Thank you to you all, for giving us the most amazing day that we could of wished for, a dream come true and the weather was gorgeous, a big wow from us and our guests, we loved every moment and will always hold these wonderful memories that you have given us
Suzanne and Andrew
Given that we got married at the end of May we were a little concerned by what the weather may throw at us but it was absolutely perfect! The attention and kindness the team showed us on our wedding day was superb, even down to making sure we sampled the ice cream which was very welcome given the temperature. It was a dream come true to get married on the beach in Bournemouth and we will be forever grateful to BWB for giving us that opportunity!